Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Christmas Ornaments - ICS Hop Sept 2017


Another fun Blog Hop!  This time we are all introducing different products for the New Stampin’ Up! Holiday Catalog!  

 Christmas Ornaments
 To make the ornaments you will need; Snowflake Sentiments Bundle,  one Mini Pizza Box, Year of Cheer Specialty Designer Series Paper (DSP), Year of Cheer Specialty Washi Tape, Season of Glitz Mini Gift Bows, Mini Tinsel Trim, Basic Black & VersaMark ink, the Leaf Punch, the ½” Circle Punch, Whisper White Bakers Twine, Gold Foil Sheet, a scrap of Cherry Cobbler & Whisper White card stocks, and your Big Shot Machine.


With the Mini Pizza Box flat trace the design on the back of a piece of Year of Cheer Specialty DSP and roughly cut it out.  Adhere it to the unwaxed side of the pizza box using Tear & Tape adhesive on all of the edges.  I recommend you add a thin layer of Multipurpose Liquid Glue on the rest of the DSP before removing the protective strip from the Tear & Tape. And adhere to the box.



I used my SNIPS to rough up the inside of the box where I wanted to adhere the Bakers Twine for hanging the ornament. I also secured it with ‘scotch’ tape to keep it from slipping out.  I did not want my box to open so this wasn’t an issue. I used Tear & Tape to keep the box closed, however, it’s just as cute if it opens.  Add a gift card or treat inside if you are giving it away.

I wrapped the box with the Cherry Cobble Mini Tinsel Trim over Silver 3/8" Metallic Edge Ribbon and tied a bow.  I cut a ‘gift tag’ using one of the dies in the Swirly Snowflake Thinlits out of a scrap of Cherry Cobble Card Stock and Gold Foil Paper (just for the front of the tag).  On a small scrap of Whisper White card stock, trimmed to fit inside the gift tag, I stamped ‘To From” in Basic Black ink and a snowflake in VersaMark ink from the Snowflake Sentiments stamp set (stamps & dies available as a bundle – see below).  I sprinkled Silver Embossing Powder over the snowflake image and set using the Heat Tool.  I topped off the tag with one of the ‘red’ Season of Glitz Mini Bows (Qty 45!!).


You will need a 3” Styrofoam ball to make this one.  The directions are super simple.  Just wrap the Year of Cheer Specialty Washi Tape around the ball, one rotation at a time.  Start with the large size tape first  and fill in as needed with the other sizes.  It will not want to stick so be sure you press as you go and overlap the tape at the top.   


Use a straight pin to hold a small amount of Whisper White Bakers Twine (tied in a knot to create the ‘ring’).  Cover the top with 3 leaf shapes cut from Gold Foil Sheet using the Leaf Punch.  Punch a small hole into a scrap of the foil sheet, center the hole in the ½” Circle Punch and push the Bakers Twine through it before adhering over the leaf shapes, I recommend Tear & Tape.

If you would like to see more of my ideas, just use the one of the options in the upper right corner to follow me.

Until Next time . . .
                   Hugs, Karie B.

 I’d love to read your thoughts on this post.
 Please leave me a comment below!
 
Below the hoppers list are the product codes and prices for today’s projects. Just click to order them for yourself today!

I hope you enjoyed my projects, let see what the next hopper is up to . . .
Hop Link Closed


<--you are="" b="" here="">
Product List





No comments:

Post a Comment