Friday, October 6, 2017

GSF Blog Hop - Halloween Oct 2017

Halloween Fun!
We have a fun hop for you today!  Everyone is sharing ideas for Halloween.  This is such a fun celebration – a time to dress up and be whatever you want.  Sweet, Scary, Gorgeous, or Ghostly!
All images used in these samples are from the Creep It Real stamp set available in the 2017 Holiday Catalog. 
I first created my project last year but my time didn’t allow me to blog (almost at all) last year.  I am so glad things have changed and I can share it with all of you now!  I call it my SNAIL Ghost!

M&M Holder and SNAIL Ghost Card
Watch the video below for directions, however, I also posted the step-by-step instructions below along with tricks for the M&M tube.

VIDEO UPDATE: The sale on Fast Fuse is not currently available. However,
Stampin' Up! will renew this sale in the near future.  I will keep you posted.

Step 1: - Remove the Plastic Cover from the SNAIL Refill Packaging and set aside.
Step 2: - Cut out the area where the SNAIL was sitting on the card backing from the refill package (see video for more detail).

Step 2: - Adhere your 5 1/8” ” x 3 7/8” piece Designer Series Paper (I used Painted Autumn DSP) to any matting (4” x 5.25”) as desired (my sample is matted with Basic Black card stock.  Be sure to add the adhesive over the entire back of the DSP so it will stay when cut. 
           Step 2a: - Add sentiment while considering ghost placement in Step 3.

Trace Photo
Step 3: - Trace your Ghost using the negative you created in Step 2.  Be sure you have the Stampin’ Up! logo facing up to ensure the SNAIL plastic cover will fit in the hole correctly.(my photo above is correct, notice the one below is not.  Yep, I messed up.  But you can see how I fixed it in the video.

Step 4: - Cut out the traced area.  TIP: I used the 1 ½” Circle Punch to start the hole then cut the rest with SNIPS.
Step 5: - Adhere a 5” x 3.75” piece of Whisper White card stock to center of the card front base (not shown….oops, sorry) this will be covered with the matted DSP from Step 2, however, it is important as the candy is consumed.
Step 6: - Hold in place, or use a temporary adhesive, place the layered DSP piece with the ‘ghost hole’ on the card front and punch a circle big enough to allow your candy to come out.  I used the 1 ¼” Circle Punch, however, you can also use one of the Layering Circle Framelit Dies.

 
Step 7: - Cut a slit that in your card front that will allow your ‘door’ to open to close.
Step 8: - You will need a closure for the hole you punched into your card front in Step 6.  This should be at least ½” wider than the hole with another ½” width at the bottom to be a stopper so it doesn’t pull all the way out (see photo).  Use the Scallop Tag Topper to get a nice finished look.
Step 9: - Slide the top of your ‘door’ through the slit you created in Step 7. You will want to pull it all the way until it stops when you attached the DSP and Ghost to the card front.
Step 10: - Add adhesive to back of DSP then slip the SNAIL package cover into the hole you created in Step 3. and add candy.  Here’s the tricky part.  To be sure the candy does not fall out you will need to add it to the card front carefully.  I do it upside down….with it hanging over my head LOL.  Maybe you have a tip to do it easier, if so please share it!


Step 11: - Don’t forget to add a sentiment to the inside and sign the back of your card.
Test Tube Treat Holder
Here's another fun idea to pass out to the Trick or Treaters, or at your office! I cut a fun banner and added the tag.  I had stamped the Frankenstein face using Tuxedo Black Memento ink and colored in the face with Lemon Lime Twist Stampin' Write Marker.  The dots are randomly stamped in Tangerine Tango. 
The tag was made from the Everyday Label Punch in the Holiday Catalog.  I modified it by punching it twice – see photo.  Stamping the image before the 2nd punch is best to ensure a proper fit.  There is Shimmer Ribbon & Bakers Twine around the top of the tube, although it does not seal the tube so the design stays nice after opening.
If you would like to see more of my ideas, just use the one of the options in the upper right corner to follow me.   
I’d love to read your thoughts on this post.
 Please leave me a comment below the product list.

Until Next time . . .
                   Hugs, Karie B.

Check the rest of the ideas from the hoppers below. 
https://stempelkeuken.blogspot.co.uk/2017/10/halloween-global-stamping-friends.html

4. Karie Beglau  <--you are="" font="" here="">


Below are the product codes and prices for the items used on these projects. Just click to order them for yourself today! 

Product List





No comments:

Post a Comment